I spent about two months working on this project mostly on the weekends which is the longest I’ve spent so far on any model that I’ve completed.
For the the colors I used:
- White: Vallejo Mecha Off-White over a black base.
- Grey Accent on White: Vallejo Model Air Dark Gull Grey with MA Insignia White added for highlights.
- Navy: Vallejo Mecha Titan Blue + Black with Insignia White for highlights.
- Alternate Navy: Vallejo Mecha Titan Blue + Model Air Medium Gunship Grey
- Yellow: Golden High Flow Diarylide Yellow over Pink
- Red: Golden High Flow Naphthol Red Light + Phthalo Green (Blue Shade)
- Frame: Vallejo Model Air Medium Gunship Grey over black
- Frame Details: Vallejo Model Color German Grey, Golden High Flow Various, Testors Enamel
- Metallics: Vallejo Metal Colors - Exhaust Manifold, Jet Exhaust, Copper, Aluminum.
- Base: Mr Hobby Gloss Black, Alclad Chrome, Mr Hobby GX Clear Red
If I had to paint the model again I think I’d paint he clear Psycho Frame bits maybe a clear green over chrome or something like that. I’d also change the blue which I ended up liking in the end but isn’t very accurate (should be darker and more greenish blue than reddish blue) and I might also base the white over a medium grey or add pure white highlights to the white-grey.
I also started off strong then started to lose steam towards the end and things like the weapons, back of shield etc I sort of rushed though whereas originally I had intended to put more work into them.
Overall though I was very happy with how my build came out even though my hands broke (of course) and the fin funnel connections are very flimsy. Aside from that though I loved the build experience and the added accessories along with the overall size and part count of the kit make it a great value in my mind.